Read for the Record Campaign Oct 6
Children and adults across Lyman County are invited to participate in the Read for the Record campaign to be held on Oct. 6. The year’s book is Llama, Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney. Record breakers everywhere will take part in helping to set a new world record for the greatest number of people reading the same book on the same day. Parents as Teachers will coordinate the event by donating a copy of the book to the Kennebec and Presho School Libraries to be shared with the school-aged children that day. They will also involve the communities of Vivian, Presho, Kennebec, and Reliance by hosting a pajama/red clothing party at each public library or location. The pajama/red clothing party will begin at 6:00 pm and include sharing the book, working on activities and having a light meal. The book can be found online at www.wegivebooks.org/pf/rftr/ for those who are unable to attend the festivities but want to participate and help set a new world record.
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain
- Wheat Growers hosting patron meetings concerning future expansion
- Lyman School Board Results
- Purple & gold: the colors of KHS
- VBS, a summer tradition
- Lyman records broke at State B Track meet