Honoring Our Brave Soldiers & Veterans
November 11th used to be known as Armistice Day – the date when WWI officially ended in 1918. But it wasn’t until after WWII that the name of the national holiday was changed to Veterans Day – and November 11th was set aside to commemorate the brave American men and women who fought in all of our nation’s wars. Members of the local American Legion Posts will hold special events Friday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day. Lyman School will present their annual Veterans Day program at 10 a.m. at the gym in Presho. Veterans are invited to attend and be honored at this public event. The Lyman students will present a short patriotic program. As part of the program, the colors will be posted by Legion members, some that have spent many years as a member of the Color Guard.
For more on the story, pick up a Nov. 9th issue of the Herald.
- A night in Old Hollywood
- GLF Annual Spring Event set for May 9th
- Lyman’s Prom is April 18
- Kennebec Town Board election results
- Presho City Election results
- Look what I found
- Nominating petitions for Lyman School election now available
- Easter Sunrise Service location changed
- Inured Highway Patrol Trooper returns to work
- No April Fool's Joke
- Successfull Shamrock Shuffle