Annual Basketball Classic set for Dec. 29th
1985 Boys Basketball team to be inducted in Hall of Fame
The annual Lyman Classic Basketball Tournament will be held Thursday, Dec. 29 at the Lyman Gardens starting at 1:00 pm.
Prior to the start of the last game of the night, scheduled for 7:00 pm, Lyman will induct the 1985 Boys’ Basketball Team into the LHS Athletic Hall of Fame; including the following team members, Leeland Leichtnam, Jeff Schoenhard, Dolley Shroyer, John Brost, Keith Moore, Todd Volmer, Garrett Mohr, Dan Donovan, Don Hupp, Scott Rabern, Steve Rabern, Jason Cox, and Cooper Garnos. In addition, Garnos and Moore will be inducted individually.
The 1985 Basketball team defeated Salem in the Championship game at the State B Tournament in Sioux Falls 55 to 52 to claim the title. The 1985 Team was the second team to earn the Class B title in the history of boys basketball at Lyman.
Basketball action starts at 1:00 pm and runs throughout the day.
1:00 pm Boys Lyman JV vs. Kakoka JV
2:30 pm Girls Lyman vs. Kadoka
4:00 pm Lower Brule vs. Kadoka
5:30pm Sunshine Bible vs. New Underwood
7:00 pm Lyman vs. South Central
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday
- Lyman plays Whiter River tonight at Dist. 13B
- Lyman to host Dist. 13B Girls Tournament
- RACD performers present 21st dinner/theater
- Two Lyman grads inducted
- Reliance Zoning Commission recommends change in designation
- Transmission project being reviewed
- City and town board nominating petitons available
- Ice Fishing for fun and prizes
- Vehicle pursuit ends with drug arrest
- LC Sheriff's office involved in vehicle pursuit