NewsJanuary 13 2012
Governor Asks For Flags at
Half-Staff For Former Gov. Janklow
Governor Daugaard requests that all flags in South Dakota fly at half-staff, upon the passing of Governor William Janklow Thursday, January 12. Flags shoud remain at half staff until Governor Janklow’s interment, Wednesday, Jan. 18th 2012. “Our prayers go out to Mary Dean and to the Janklow family. Over the past few weeks, South Dakotans have taken time to recall Governor Janklow. He will always be remembered as a strong leader and one of our state’s most consequential governors.” Former Gov. Bill Janklow will lie in state at the Rotunda of the South Dakota Capitol on Tuesday morning, Jan. 17, with a memorial service to follow. Former Gov. Janklow’s funeral has been set for Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012, at 10:30 a.m. CST at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 909 W. 33rd Street, Sioux Falls. South Dakota legislative leaders have announced that there will be no legislative session on Tuesday, Jan. 17 or Wednesday, Jan. 18.
- Reminiscing at school reunions
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain
- Wheat Growers hosting patron meetings concerning future expansion
- Lyman School Board Results
- Purple & gold: the colors of KHS
- VBS, a summer tradition
- Lyman records broke at State B Track meet