NewsMay 17 2012
PIERRE, S.D. –
Gov. Dennis Daugaard requests that all flags in the state be flown at half-staff on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 8 a.m. until sunset in honor of former U.S. Sen. Jim Abdnor.
Abdnor, who died Wednesday, was 89.
A World War II veteran, Abdnor was a four-term congressman before serving one term in the U.S. Senate and later heading the U.S. Small Business Administration for two years. He had earlier served six terms in the South Dakota Legislature and was Lieutenant Governor from 1968-1971.
A funeral service for Abdnor will be held Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. CDT at Lutheran Memorial Church, 320 East Prospect Avenue, Pierre.
- Get ready to Scavenge
- Mowing of the state right-of- way
- Incumbants win three seat on Lyman School Board
- New diner opens in Vivian
- Flea market part of Scavenger’s Journey
- Kennebec Town Board kills proposed livestock control ordinance
- Deputy Abrahamson completes training
- Swimming lessons begin June 10th
- Dedication and generosity recognized
- Museum opens for the summer season
- Friends, classmates graduate