NewsAugust 01 2012
Lyman County 4-H youth are putting the finishing touches on projects in anticipation of this week’s Achievement Days. This year’s event features additional games and activities for 4-H families and the general public as well.
All indoor projects are to be entered at the gym in Kennebec between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM for judging.
A burger cook off will be held at 5:30 PM. Contact Misty Welter at 869-2226 to pre-register.
The competition heats up on Friday starting at 9:30 AM with the dog show, followed by the poultry, cat and rabbit show.
The gym opens at 10:00 AM for public viewing of indoor projects. Bingo, sponsored by the Busy Bee club of Kennebec will be played at the gym from 10:00 am to noon.
Large livestock weighs begin at noon.
Numerous games and activities are planned for Friday starting with a pie eating contest at 12:30 PM, games on the green, a flag disposal ceremony at 2:30 PM, corn shucking contest at 5:45 PM and the barbecue and watermelon feed at 5:30 PM.
Visit the 4-H barn at 1:30 PM for the start of the livestock show and judging, sheep, goats, swine and beef shows will be held.
Achievement Days will conclude with the garden, baked goods, livestock premium sale at 7:00 PM.
Misty Welter, Lyman County 4-H adviser encourages the public to visit the gym and 4-H barn throughout the two day event.
"All are welcome to attend," said Welter.
- Successfull Shamrock Shuffle
- Speed limit and fees increase April 1
- Wheat Growers holds open house in Kennebec
- Central South Dakota 's Scavengers Journey set for June
- Coach receives star quilt
- Irish celebration draws near
- Annual event draws crowd to Presho gym
- Presho, Kennebec to hold city elections
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday
- Lyman plays Whiter River tonight at Dist. 13B
- Lyman to host Dist. 13B Girls Tournament