NewsOctober 31 2012
Producers of perennial forage (for grazing and hay) and fall-seeded small grains must submit their 2013 acreage report for those crops to the Farm Service Agency, and to their crop insurance agent, by November 15, 2012.
In prior years, reports for these crops were not due to FSA until July 15. This change is part of an initiative at the national level to align acreage reporting dates between FSA and the Risk Management Agency (RMA).
Crop acreage reports are essential to maintaining eligibility for multiple FSA program benefits, and establishing a record of historical cropping. Currently proposed Farm Bill legislation continues the crop reporting requirement.
- Friends, classmates graduate
- Memorial Day Services
- Lyman track teams win Conference Meet
- NOTICE OF BIDS
- Western Great Plains Confernce Track meet to be held in Presho
- Youth selected to attend Boys and Girls State
- Nominating petitions due
- Love of horses inspires essay
- City-wide clean up days scheduled
- Pierre publisher elected president of South Dakota Newspaper Association
- Prom on the Bayou
- Get ready for Scavenger’s Journey