NewsOctober 31 2012
Producers of perennial forage (for grazing and hay) and fall-seeded small grains must submit their 2013 acreage report for those crops to the Farm Service Agency, and to their crop insurance agent, by November 15, 2012.
In prior years, reports for these crops were not due to FSA until July 15. This change is part of an initiative at the national level to align acreage reporting dates between FSA and the Risk Management Agency (RMA).
Crop acreage reports are essential to maintaining eligibility for multiple FSA program benefits, and establishing a record of historical cropping. Currently proposed Farm Bill legislation continues the crop reporting requirement.
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain
- Wheat Growers hosting patron meetings concerning future expansion
- Lyman School Board Results
- Purple & gold: the colors of KHS
- VBS, a summer tradition
- Lyman records broke at State B Track meet