NewsOctober 31 2012
Producers of perennial forage (for grazing and hay) and fall-seeded small grains must submit their 2013 acreage report for those crops to the Farm Service Agency, and to their crop insurance agent, by November 15, 2012.
In prior years, reports for these crops were not due to FSA until July 15. This change is part of an initiative at the national level to align acreage reporting dates between FSA and the Risk Management Agency (RMA).
Crop acreage reports are essential to maintaining eligibility for multiple FSA program benefits, and establishing a record of historical cropping. Currently proposed Farm Bill legislation continues the crop reporting requirement.
- Hunters average two birds in Lyman Co. during opener
- National Fire Prevention Week, October 9-15
- Hoops for Coop
- Lyman Celebrates Homecoming
- Fall Harvest Underway
- LHS to crown King & Queen Monday, Sept. 26
- Lyman PF Chapter plans Banquet
- Kennebec hosts Rodeo for Cowboys and Cowgirls, age 4 to 18
- GLF Update: "The Miller Challenge"
- Pheasant survey indicates Lyman County routes among highest in state
- Court rules on County State’s election
- Enrollment up at the start of the new year