NewsFebruary 26 2014
Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
Owen Garnos of Presho will be among the 2014 South Dakota Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame inductees honored at the 67th annual tournament Saturday and Sunday, March 1 and 2 at the Lyman Gardens in Presho.
Other former players and coaches to be recognized by the association include Donny Godel, Aberdeen; Scott Morgan, Mitchell; and Eldon Marshall of White River
Garnos and Morgan will be inducted during half-time of the 7:00 pm game Saturday night between Eagle Butte and Presho. Godel, who played for Class A teams from the Aberdeen area, and Marshall will be inducted during half-time of the second game of the night between Sioux Falls Tibbs Black and Mitchell scheduled to start at 8:30 pm.
“The 2-day tournament brings a large number of players and fans to the community,” said Presho mayor Mike Sprenger.
Presho has been a frequent host of the tournament over the past years. Teams from Plankinton, Lead-Deadwood, Pierre, Onida, Volga, Harrisburg, Lennox, Mitchell, Watertown, Aberdeen, Brookings, Rapid City, Eagle Butte and Sioux Falls will play in this year's tournament.
Presho's team consists of Cody Volmer, Eric Diehm, Matt Nissen, Tyler Ollerich, Sean and Shae McClanahan, Dusty Abrahamson, Jordan Gourneau, Andrew Dellman and Brett Gardner.
Other area players
The tournament is sponsored locally by the Presho Area Chamber. Come out and support the hometown team and the Presho Chamber.
Come out and support the hometown team and the Presho Chamber and see some of the state's best collegiate basketball athletes play for the Amateur Class A and B title of 2014.
- 50 years of volunteer service
- Nominating petitions for city elections now available
- Former Bearcat and current Raider fan selected to the Hall of Fame
- Share your love story with us
- Annual Kennebec fishing tournament draws crowd
- March 19 to be proclaimed as "Mike Sweeney Day" in Presho
- Lyman places 10th at Mid Dakota Monster
- GLF grants applications now being accepted
- Give 'em room to work
- 40th year for Lyman tourney
- Snow arrived the day after Christmas
- Officials urge holiday safety