NewsMay 08 2014
Highway 53 CLOSED South of I-90
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Department of Transportation officials advise that the 25 mile gravel portion of Highway 53 in Mellette and Lyman Counties is CLOSED from six miles south of Vivian to the junction of Highway 44.
This area has received two to six inches of rain since Wednesday.
The gravel segment of Highway 53 has become so saturated it has lost stability making the road impassable.
The highway will remain closed until further notice. Crews will be in to fix the road as soon as it is safe to do so.
For up-to-date information, visit www.safetravelusa.com/sd or dial 511.
To receive alerts for closures due to flooding in your area, click on the ClearPath511 logo in the upper-right corner of the site.
- Former Bearcat and current Raider fan selected to the Hall of Fame
- Share your love story with us
- Annual Kennebec fishing tournament draws crowd
- March 19 to be proclaimed as "Mike Sweeney Day" in Presho
- Lyman places 10th at Mid Dakota Monster
- GLF grants applications now being accepted
- Give 'em room to work
- 40th year for Lyman tourney
- Snow arrived the day after Christmas
- Officials urge holiday safety
- Merry Christmas
- Railroad equipment parked for winter