NewsMay 08 2014
Highway 53 CLOSED South of I-90
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Department of Transportation officials advise that the 25 mile gravel portion of Highway 53 in Mellette and Lyman Counties is CLOSED from six miles south of Vivian to the junction of Highway 44.
This area has received two to six inches of rain since Wednesday.
The gravel segment of Highway 53 has become so saturated it has lost stability making the road impassable.
The highway will remain closed until further notice. Crews will be in to fix the road as soon as it is safe to do so.
For up-to-date information, visit www.safetravelusa.com/sd or dial 511.
To receive alerts for closures due to flooding in your area, click on the ClearPath511 logo in the upper-right corner of the site.
- Lyman County law enforcement officers recognized
- Presho’s Sidewalk Project presented to public
- Lyman Alumni Reunion set for July 30
- New members seated on School Board
- Deer Camp available for first time Youth Deer Hunters
- Railraod crossings being replaced along DSR
- DIY for the 4th of July
- Slow down, kids at play
- “Knee high by the 4th of July”
- Vivian to host local 4th of July Celebration
- Unofficial School Board election results