NewsMay 08 2014
Highway 53 CLOSED South of I-90
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Department of Transportation officials advise that the 25 mile gravel portion of Highway 53 in Mellette and Lyman Counties is CLOSED from six miles south of Vivian to the junction of Highway 44.
This area has received two to six inches of rain since Wednesday.
The gravel segment of Highway 53 has become so saturated it has lost stability making the road impassable.
The highway will remain closed until further notice. Crews will be in to fix the road as soon as it is safe to do so.
For up-to-date information, visit www.safetravelusa.com/sd or dial 511.
To receive alerts for closures due to flooding in your area, click on the ClearPath511 logo in the upper-right corner of the site.
- LHS to crown King & Queen Monday, Sept. 26
- Lyman PF Chapter plans Banquet
- Kennebec hosts Rodeo for Cowboys and Cowgirls, age 4 to 18
- GLF Update: "The Miller Challenge"
- Pheasant survey indicates Lyman County routes among highest in state
- Court rules on County State’s election
- Enrollment up at the start of the new year
- Fall sports back in action
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre Day
- Presho Firefighters receive Grain Bin Rescue equipment and training
- Lyman County ACS Survivor celebration event
- Swimming season comes to an end