NewsMay 08 2014
Highway 53 CLOSED South of I-90
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Department of Transportation officials advise that the 25 mile gravel portion of Highway 53 in Mellette and Lyman Counties is CLOSED from six miles south of Vivian to the junction of Highway 44.
This area has received two to six inches of rain since Wednesday.
The gravel segment of Highway 53 has become so saturated it has lost stability making the road impassable.
The highway will remain closed until further notice. Crews will be in to fix the road as soon as it is safe to do so.
For up-to-date information, visit www.safetravelusa.com/sd or dial 511.
To receive alerts for closures due to flooding in your area, click on the ClearPath511 logo in the upper-right corner of the site.
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain
- Wheat Growers hosting patron meetings concerning future expansion
- Lyman School Board Results
- Purple & gold: the colors of KHS
- VBS, a summer tradition
- Lyman records broke at State B Track meet