NewsMay 08 2014
Highway 53 CLOSED South of I-90
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Department of Transportation officials advise that the 25 mile gravel portion of Highway 53 in Mellette and Lyman Counties is CLOSED from six miles south of Vivian to the junction of Highway 44.
This area has received two to six inches of rain since Wednesday.
The gravel segment of Highway 53 has become so saturated it has lost stability making the road impassable.
The highway will remain closed until further notice. Crews will be in to fix the road as soon as it is safe to do so.
For up-to-date information, visit www.safetravelusa.com/sd or dial 511.
To receive alerts for closures due to flooding in your area, click on the ClearPath511 logo in the upper-right corner of the site.
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday
- Lyman plays Whiter River tonight at Dist. 13B
- Lyman to host Dist. 13B Girls Tournament
- RACD performers present 21st dinner/theater
- Two Lyman grads inducted
- Reliance Zoning Commission recommends change in designation
- Transmission project being reviewed
- City and town board nominating petitons available
- Ice Fishing for fun and prizes
- Vehicle pursuit ends with drug arrest
- LC Sheriff's office involved in vehicle pursuit