NewsJuly 16 2014
Members of the Lyman School District board of education welcomed Lynn Vlassman, the new superintendent, to the district Monday night at their regular monthly meeting. Standing l-r: Lynn Vlasman, Marlene Reuman, Jodi Smith, Ronda Schelske, Meta Halverson, and Dennis Stanley. Seated l-r: Kenny Hamer, Jamie Griffith, Kimm Schweitzer and Mike Chester.
NewsJuly 07 2014
Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
Caption Dale Locken, CEO of Wheat Growers Cooperative, used a slide show to explain the company’s plans to build a $40 million load out facility in Lyman County once the rail line is upgraded. Local patrons attended the meeting held at the Kennebec fire hall Tuesday, June 24. Other meetings were held in Reliance, Presho and Winner.
Representatives from South Dakota Wheat Growers Elevator, including board president Hal Clemensen and CEO Dale Locken spoke at several community meetings held across Lyman County last Tuesday to explain the company’s intent to build a grain shuttle facility in the county.
Clemensen clarified with attendees that a building site had not yet been selected.
“Despite any rumors you may have heard we have not picked a site,” said Clemensen during his opening comments.
Wheat Growers has publicly committed to building a $40 million facility along the rail line west of Chamberlain if the line is upgraded to heavy rail.
See the July 2, 2014 issue of the Lyman County Herald for the full story.
NewsJune 25 2014
Lois Comp was among vendors offering items for sale to participants of this year's Scavenger's Journey June 20-22 who visited the Lyman County Museum. Scavengers arriving in Presho Saturday morning enjoyed breakfast and a quilt show at the Lyman County Historical Society's museum. They also had the opportunity to shop the vendor booths on the museum grounds or visit up to nine different garage/yard sales in and around Presho. See more photos in this week's Lyman County Herald.
- Rails to the Future Applauds Receipt of $13 Million TIGER Grant to Build Railroad to Presho
- Homecoming King and Queen Crowned
- Survey indicates pheasants numbers strong in central South Dakota
- Celebrate South Dakota's 125 years of Statehood at the museum Sunday
- Booster Club hosts kick off
- Market features sunflower blooms and more
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre; DayTriathlon set for Saturday
- Pool season comes to an end
- Hoping for a favorable nod from the judge
- Reminiscing at school reunions
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend