NewsNovember 05 2014
Election results from Lyman County
Rep. Jim Schaefer (2430 votes) won re-election to the Legislature, Dist. 26B over Marty Jandreau (1398 votes) .
In Lyman County Schaefer 781 votes
Troy Heinert won Dist. 26 Senate seat 3747 votes to John Koskan's 2882
In Lyman County Heinert took 480 votes
Koskan took 717 votes
NewsOctober 29 2014
PRESHO — Lyman (7-2) moves on to the quarterfinal round of the high school playoffs with a 42-32 win over Stanley County Tuesday night.
Lyman was led by Trey Mundlien, who tallied 190 yards on 17 carries for two touchdowns. Korder Cropsey added 115 yard on 16 attempts for two touchdowns. Mundlien was 3-of-4 passing for 79 yards and a touchdown. Bryce Janis tallied four receptions for 86 yards and a touchdown. Leading tacklers for Lyman were Conrad Mohr-Eymer with 16 and Mundlien with 11.
Stanley County's Colten Drageset rushed 162 yards on 17 attempts for one touchdown. Trey Montana rushed 90 yards on eight carries for two touchdowns. Drageset was 3-of-9 passing for 31 yards. Leading tacklers were Lukas Chase with 15 and Damon Hoftiezer with 11.
Lyman plays Gregory in the quarterfinal round Monday, while Stanley County ends its season 5-4.
NewsOctober 24 2014
Lyman to host openning round of football playoffs
The Lyman football team will host Stanley County at home Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2014 in the opening round of football playoffs. Other games set for Region 4 play Tuesday night include Clark/Willow Lake at Gregory. Kick off time is 7:00 pm at the football field in Presho.
- Ground broken for the Wheat Growers fertilizer plant
- Greater Lyman Foundation works toward challenge
- A Season of Giving
- Local Food Pantry partners with Feeding South Dakota
- Senior meal program to end in Lyman County due to declining numbers
- Former students rebut CNN’s accusations against St. Joseph’s Indian School
- Transportation Secretary visits South Dakota rail rehab project
- National Gas Average Nears Four-Year Low
- Schaefer re-elected to third term in House
- Growing rural communities