NewsMay 10 2014
Three named to final selection for Superintendent at Lyman
The Lyman School Board met Thursday, May 8 and selected three applicants from a field of 14, to interview for the position of superintendent at Lyman School District. Candidates will be interviewed by three different committees consisting of school staff members, members of the administration team and school board members on Monday, May 12. The three candidates vying for the position include Lynn Vlasman, Michael Ruth, and Kevin Morehart Mr. Vlasman currently serves as superintendent/principal at Tripp Delmot, and has been there since July of 2003.Mr. Ruth is the superintendent at Miller and has held that position since 2010.Mr. Morehart, a former Lyman teacher and MS principal, has been superintendent at Philip since 2005.Current Lyman Superintendent Doug Eppard has resigned the position at Lyman to be an Elementary principal at Harrisburg, SD. School board president Marlene Reuman expects a new superintendent could be named as early as Monday night.
NewsMay 08 2014
Highway 53 CLOSED South of I-90
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Department of Transportation officials advise that the 25 mile gravel portion of Highway 53 in Mellette and Lyman Counties is CLOSED from six miles south of Vivian to the junction of Highway 44.
This area has received two to six inches of rain since Wednesday.
The gravel segment of Highway 53 has become so saturated it has lost stability making the road impassable.
The highway will remain closed until further notice. Crews will be in to fix the road as soon as it is safe to do so.
For up-to-date information, visit www.safetravelusa.com/sd or dial 511.
To receive alerts for closures due to flooding in your area, click on the ClearPath511 logo in the upper-right corner of the site.
NewsMay 08 2014
The Lyman Middle School track meet scheduled for today has been cancelled due to rain and will NOT be rescheduled.
The Elementary Track & Field Day scheduled for Friday, May 9 has been postponed until Thursday, May 15 and will still begin at 1:00pm at the track in Presho.
Note from the Editor:
Please note the following corrections to this week's Lyman County Herald. We apologize for the typos.
1. Sound Systems will be at the City Bar Friday night, May 9th 9:30 to 1:30am
2. Arson suspect Casey Byrd is 35 years old, not 25.
3. Trusty was at the city meeting Monday night, not Tursty.
4. And, Jesse Schindler doesn't not spell his name with a 'i'
NewsMay 07 2014
John Mogen, right, of Mogen's Heroes invited several audience members to the stage to sing with the band including Terry Woster, left, of Pierre during the 3rd annual Greater Lyman Foundation Spring Fundraiser held Saturday, May 3 at the Lyman Gardens Auditorium in Presho.
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain
- Wheat Growers hosting patron meetings concerning future expansion
- Lyman School Board Results
- Purple & gold: the colors of KHS
- VBS, a summer tradition
- Lyman records broke at State B Track meet