Daryl Sterry, Presho prepares to weigh his fish at the Kennebec Town and Country Club annual ice fishing tournament as fisherman Mike Kieffer and T&C members Matt Collins, right, and Michelle Schelske, center, record results at the official weigh-in held at Hot Rod's Steakhouse Sunday following the completion of the tournament. Twenty-three teams fished three area lakes, Brakke, Fate or Byre from 5pm Saturday until 4pm Sunday to try and bring in the biggest and most fish. Despite windy conditions, the temperatures were mild and the fishing good.
Lyman's wrestling squad and other wrestlers stand for the National Anthem prior to the start of the second day of competition at the 38th annual Mid-Dakota Mondster Satruday, January 11, 2014. The Raiders proudly display their new wrestling warm-ups.
As the sun began to rise over Presho Monday morning the digital sign at Dakota Prairie Bank in Presho registered nine degrees below zero. Classes were called off at Lyman due to the extreme cold. According to the National Weather Service, wind chill temperature ranged from 40-50 degrees below zero Sunday and Monday across South Dakota. The forecast calls for more moderate temperatures throughout the region by the end of the week.
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab
- Vacancies open on city and town boards
- First year of Jr. Kindergarten program exceeds expectations
- Rails to the future
- Berg to retire from Reliance Post Office
- Weighing In
- A monster of a tournament