Posted by Kim
Ashley Severyn of the 101st Airborne Division visited 3rd graders
by Lucy Halverson
Army aviator crew chief Ashley Severyn spoke to Presho 3rd graders Wednesday morning about life in the army. Severyn was invited by his nephew Dylan McPeak, a member of the class, to share his experiences with the class.
Severyn recently finished training at Ft. Eustis, Virginia and Ft. Jackson, South Carolina. He returned home to visit family before reporting to duty with the Army's 101st Air Borne Division of Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. The 101st uses the Army's elite group of helicopters, especially the well known Black Hawk, when making assaults. Severyn is expecting to be deployed to the Middle East as the 101st at Ft. Campbell is the most frequently deployed division in the Army.
Severyn, a 2002 graduate of Lyman High School, is the son of Dan and Terry Severyn of Vivian, and the grandson of Herald correspondent Lillian Severyn and husband Burke.
- Reminiscing at school reunions
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain
- Wheat Growers hosting patron meetings concerning future expansion
- Lyman School Board Results
- Purple & gold: the colors of KHS
- VBS, a summer tradition
- Lyman records broke at State B Track meet