Posted by Lucy
School board to interview four candidates
The Lyman School Board met last Wednesday, June 1 at 6 PM to review applications for the superintendent position.
All board members were present with the exception of Bob Fanning.
According to board president Marlene Reuman the board reviewed 18 applications and selected the top four to interview.
“Actually I was surprised how well it went, with that many applicants,” said Reuman.
Board members had the opportunity to preview all applications before the Wednesday night meeting which helped speed
The following candidates will visit the school this week for interviews with the board and a group of volunteer staff members.
Doug Eppard, Presho; Julie Ertz, Box Elder; Greg East, Sioux Falls; and Patrick Jones, Rapid City.
Reuman is hopeful that a decision can be made by the regular board meeting which is Monday, June 13.
“Hopefully we have a replacement by July 1,” said Reuman.
The June meeting will be current superintendent Bruce Carrier’s last as he starts his new position at the Winner School District
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab
- Vacancies open on city and town boards
- First year of Jr. Kindergarten program exceeds expectations
- Rails to the future
- Berg to retire from Reliance Post Office
- Weighing In
- A monster of a tournament