Annual Basketball Classic set for Dec. 29th
1985 Boys Basketball team to be inducted in Hall of Fame
The annual Lyman Classic Basketball Tournament will be held Thursday, Dec. 29 at the Lyman Gardens starting at 1:00 pm.
Prior to the start of the last game of the night, scheduled for 7:00 pm, Lyman will induct the 1985 Boys’ Basketball Team into the LHS Athletic Hall of Fame; including the following team members, Leeland Leichtnam, Jeff Schoenhard, Dolley Shroyer, John Brost, Keith Moore, Todd Volmer, Garrett Mohr, Dan Donovan, Don Hupp, Scott Rabern, Steve Rabern, Jason Cox, and Cooper Garnos. In addition, Garnos and Moore will be inducted individually.
The 1985 Basketball team defeated Salem in the Championship game at the State B Tournament in Sioux Falls 55 to 52 to claim the title. The 1985 Team was the second team to earn the Class B title in the history of boys basketball at Lyman.
Basketball action starts at 1:00 pm and runs throughout the day.
1:00 pm Boys Lyman JV vs. Kakoka JV
2:30 pm Girls Lyman vs. Kadoka
4:00 pm Lower Brule vs. Kadoka
5:30pm Sunshine Bible vs. New Underwood
7:00 pm Lyman vs. South Central
- LHS to crown King & Queen Monday, Sept. 26
- Lyman PF Chapter plans Banquet
- Kennebec hosts Rodeo for Cowboys and Cowgirls, age 4 to 18
- GLF Update: "The Miller Challenge"
- Pheasant survey indicates Lyman County routes among highest in state
- Court rules on County State’s election
- Enrollment up at the start of the new year
- Fall sports back in action
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre Day
- Presho Firefighters receive Grain Bin Rescue equipment and training
- Lyman County ACS Survivor celebration event
- Swimming season comes to an end