NewsJanuary 12 2012
Tickets go on Sale for Induction Ceremony
Pay tribute to the Vivian Dance Hall and witness a moment in Rock and Roll history at the 4th Annual South Dakota Rock & Roll Music Association’s Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony set for Saturday, April 21 at the Sioux Falls Ramkota Ballroom.
Reserve tickets go on sale Sunday, January 15 for the event which will feature the induction of 11 Rock and Roll bands, including DJ and The Cats of Presho-Brookings, a radio station, a disc jockey and several other distinguished award winners.
According to information from Don Fristz, chairman of the R&R Music Association Board of Directors, the Vivian Dance Hall was mentioned by a number of musicians from bands that played the venue, and also booking agents that worked with Vivian representatives to book the dances.
Lonis Wendt of Vivian stated that the late Bob Burns was the local contact most booking agents would have been in contact with.
Wendt had the opportunity to review past programs from previous ceremonies that contain the history of bands inducted into the Hall of Fame.
"A number of the bands from the eastern part of the state made reference to the Vivian Dance Hall in their history," said Wendt. "They stated, ‘we went as far west as Vivian.’"
Inductee DJ and The Cats band members and brothers Travis and Terry Hutchison has also indicated they will attend the ceremony.
There are several options available for tickets which may be purchased at www.southdaktoarockandrollmusicassociaiton.com
If you would like to sit at a table with a group, order the specific number of tickets at $35 each to fill a table. A section of just chairs will be available in back of the ballroom at a cost of $25 per ticket. VIP tables, with 10 chairs, located right in front of the stage are available for $500, but on a limited basis.
If you would like to be considered in a group purchase of tickets being made by a group from Vivian, contact Lonis Wendt - 280-8097, Linda Perry - 683-4655 or Terry Severyn 683-4141 prior to the 15th.
- Rails to the Future Applauds Receipt of $13 Million TIGER Grant to Build Railroad to Presho
- Homecoming King and Queen Crowned
- Survey indicates pheasants numbers strong in central South Dakota
- Celebrate South Dakota's 125 years of Statehood at the museum Sunday
- Booster Club hosts kick off
- Market features sunflower blooms and more
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre; DayTriathlon set for Saturday
- Pool season comes to an end
- Hoping for a favorable nod from the judge
- Reminiscing at school reunions
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend