NewsMarch 05 2012
National Cooking School coming to Chamberlain/Oacoma Area
Chamberlain, SD – The Taste of Home Cooking School, a nationally known production, will be presented live at Cedar Shore Resort, Oacoma, SD Saturday, May 5 with doors opening at 11:00 a.m and the show starting at 2:00 p.m.
The Chamberlain/Oacoma Sun, along with Cedar Shore Resort and other local businesses will sponsor the fun filled, interactive event.
Guests at the cooking school will be entertained by Taste of Home culinary expert, Guy Klinzing, who will demonstrate new recipes, tips and techniques that can easily be recreated and implemented in your home kitchen.
“We are excited to be involved with bringing a show of this magnitude to the Chamberlain/Oacoma area,” said Sun publisher Lucy Halverson.
Not only will guests leave the event with new recipe ideas, they will also go home with a valuable gift bag stated Halverson. The popular gift bags include two Taste of Home magazines and an assortment of products and coupons provided by event sponsors. Many exciting door prizes will be given away throughout the show.
Plan to come early as vendors from across the area will open the doors, and usher guests in to shop and sample a variety of products prior to the cooking show.
For information on how your business can become a sponsor or a vendor contact Melissa at the Chamberlain/Oacoma Sun 234-1444 or Angelia at Cedar Shore Resort 734-6376, or visit www.chamberlainsun.com or www.cedarshore.com. Ticket information and availability will be advertised at a later date.
- Ground broken for the Wheat Growers fertilizer plant
- Greater Lyman Foundation works toward challenge
- A Season of Giving
- Local Food Pantry partners with Feeding South Dakota
- Senior meal program to end in Lyman County due to declining numbers
- Former students rebut CNN’s accusations against St. Joseph’s Indian School
- Transportation Secretary visits South Dakota rail rehab project
- National Gas Average Nears Four-Year Low
- Schaefer re-elected to third term in House