NewsMarch 28 2012
The Greater Lyman Foundation will hold a spring fundraiser Saturday, April 14 at the American Legion Hall in Reliance.
The event includes a meal, sponsored by the South Dakota Corn Utilization Council, followed by musical entertainment by Mogen’s Heroes of Sioux Falls. Band members John Mogen, Denny Gale and Bill Hoffman will be joined on stage by Lyman County native Jim Woster. The meal will be served at 6 p.m., and the musical show starts at 7 p.m.
A limited number of tickets are available from the following GLF board members, Ron McManus, Janet Schindler, Herb Sundall, Judge Jessop and Layne Larson. All proceeds from the event, plus any extra donations, will be added to the Foundation. Currently the Foundation is at $158,552.
Foundation board member and event organizer Ron McManus of Reliance said that due to Jim’s advancing age and the fact that his Elvis Presley like voice is starting to fade with age, a local man has been practicing and is ready to step up to fill in for Mr. Woster if needed.
"Our mystery guest will be ready and waiting in the wings," said McManus.
Woster, who grew up north of Reliance, and just happens to be related to McManus, was instrumental in securing meal and entertainment sponsors for this event. In addition to the Corn Council, other sponsors include Christine and Eddie Hamilton of Christiansen Land & Cattle, Ltd, and the Tri-State Neighbor.
"This really is an appreciation dinner for all those who have donated and supported the Foundation since it was founded," said McManus. "It’s going to be a fun family night of good home cooked food, and down-home humor."
- Successfull Shamrock Shuffle
- Speed limit and fees increase April 1
- Wheat Growers holds open house in Kennebec
- Central South Dakota 's Scavengers Journey set for June
- Coach receives star quilt
- Irish celebration draws near
- Annual event draws crowd to Presho gym
- Presho, Kennebec to hold city elections
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday
- Lyman plays Whiter River tonight at Dist. 13B
- Lyman to host Dist. 13B Girls Tournament