NewsJune 20 2012
Flags adorned Kennebec Main Street Thursday, June 14 in honor of Flag Day, the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. And, in 1949, President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.
In Kennebec, American Legion member Jim Sundall and his wife Carol are normally in charge of displaying the flags but this year due to their absence, Charlie Bowar and his wife Gloria positioned the 17 flags along Main Street early Thursday morning. The flags used for the display are memorial flags donated back to the Legion.
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab
- Vacancies open on city and town boards
- First year of Jr. Kindergarten program exceeds expectations
- Rails to the future
- Berg to retire from Reliance Post Office
- Weighing In
- A monster of a tournament