NewsOctober 31 2012
Producers of perennial forage (for grazing and hay) and fall-seeded small grains must submit their 2013 acreage report for those crops to the Farm Service Agency, and to their crop insurance agent, by November 15, 2012.
In prior years, reports for these crops were not due to FSA until July 15. This change is part of an initiative at the national level to align acreage reporting dates between FSA and the Risk Management Agency (RMA).
Crop acreage reports are essential to maintaining eligibility for multiple FSA program benefits, and establishing a record of historical cropping. Currently proposed Farm Bill legislation continues the crop reporting requirement.
- Lyman HS band performs for crowd
- Climate update predicts wetter than average April
- Three seats on board up for election
- Student Council raises money for Children’s Miracle Network
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Presho takes second at amateur tournament
- Presho’s 25th Farm & Home Show a success
- Presho and Reliance to hold city elections
- Lyman Seniors serve as pages
- Annual Farm & Home Show set for Saturday
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Presho March 18
- Manger fundraiser a success