NewsNovember 28 2012
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Hometown Holiday Open House to be held Thursday
Pull on your most Christmassy sweater and join in the fun Thursday night at the annual Presho Area Chamber’s annual Hometown Holiday Open House as local businesses kick off the holiday season with Christmas shopping specials and a customer appreciation from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
To give thanks and show appreciation to those who shop the local businesses and chamber members, the Presho Area Chamber will sponsor a Shopping Receipt Rewards Program and give away $500 in Presho Chamber Bucks between November 29th and December 21st. As a reward for shopping locally, people who make a purchase – at a participating Chamber member business – of at least $5 may sign the back of their cash register receipt and place it in a special drawing bag for the opportunity to win the dollar value back (up to $50.00 maximum). Receipts totaling close to $100 per week will be drawn every Friday with the winner announced in the next issue of the Lyman County Herald newspaper and the Lyman County Herald website. Two hundred dollars in Chamber Bucks will be given away during the last drawing Friday, Dec. 21.
Pictured: John Uthe hangs a Christmas tree decoration from the light pole along Presho’s Main Street last Wednesday morning. Uthe and Forest Hupp took advantage of the unseasonable warm temperatures (78 degrees on Nov. 21) to hang Christmas lights throughout town.
- Prairie Futures program guides nontraditional students to nursing degree
- Highway Patrol to Conduct “Move Over” Campaign Friday
- Burglar hits county
- Deadline to file for school board is Friday
- May Day Flowers
- Herald and SUN recognized at Association Convention
- Murder suspect sited in Lyman County, apprehended in Wyoming
- Forum introduces Republican candidates for commission
- Foundation awards $22,000 in 2016.
- 29th annual Band Dinners
- Candidate forum to be held in Presho
- Presho to test fire siren April 26