Posted by Kim
Mike and Wanda Lee Sweeney on the left and Paul and Wanda Sweeney on the right inspect the new sign recently installed on the old Sweeney Church at the LCHS Museum in Presho.photo by Lucy Halverson
by Lucy Halverson
The family of the late Syl and Vera Sweeney of Presho recently purchased a sign for the front of the Sweeney Church at the Lyman County Historical Museum that was installed in time for Memorial Day services May 31, 2004.
The Church was moved from south of Presho to its present site at the museum December 30, 1976. Built in 1904 it served the Catholic families of the Sweeney community for many years.
Donating the funds for the sign were family members; Martha and Bill Blake, St. Peters, MO; Jerry and Betty Sweeney, Kennewick, WA; Mike and Wanda Lee Sweeney, Presho; Paul and Wanda Sweeney, Presho; Dee and Keg Pleuger, LeMars, IA; and Leroy and Helen Sweeney, Lakewood, CO.
- Concrete pour to start at elevator next week
- Homecoming set for Friday, October 9th
- Volunteers help make XC meet a success
- City-wide clean up set for Saturday, Sept. 26
- Rail being pedaled out
- Council votes to advertise for City Bar and liquor license bids with two options
- Presho City Bar remains closed
- Enrollment down at Lyman
- Woking over the edge
- Pheasant numbers continue to improve in 2015
- Back to school
- New staff members join Lyman District