Posted by Kim
Mike and Wanda Lee Sweeney on the left and Paul and Wanda Sweeney on the right inspect the new sign recently installed on the old Sweeney Church at the LCHS Museum in Presho.photo by Lucy Halverson
by Lucy Halverson
The family of the late Syl and Vera Sweeney of Presho recently purchased a sign for the front of the Sweeney Church at the Lyman County Historical Museum that was installed in time for Memorial Day services May 31, 2004.
The Church was moved from south of Presho to its present site at the museum December 30, 1976. Built in 1904 it served the Catholic families of the Sweeney community for many years.
Donating the funds for the sign were family members; Martha and Bill Blake, St. Peters, MO; Jerry and Betty Sweeney, Kennewick, WA; Mike and Wanda Lee Sweeney, Presho; Paul and Wanda Sweeney, Presho; Dee and Keg Pleuger, LeMars, IA; and Leroy and Helen Sweeney, Lakewood, CO.
- Former Bearcat and current Raider fan selected to the Hall of Fame
- Share your love story with us
- Annual Kennebec fishing tournament draws crowd
- March 19 to be proclaimed as "Mike Sweeney Day" in Presho
- Lyman places 10th at Mid Dakota Monster
- GLF grants applications now being accepted
- Give 'em room to work
- 40th year for Lyman tourney
- Snow arrived the day after Christmas
- Officials urge holiday safety
- Merry Christmas
- Railroad equipment parked for winter