Posted by Kim
Mike and Wanda Lee Sweeney on the left and Paul and Wanda Sweeney on the right inspect the new sign recently installed on the old Sweeney Church at the LCHS Museum in Presho.photo by Lucy Halverson
by Lucy Halverson
The family of the late Syl and Vera Sweeney of Presho recently purchased a sign for the front of the Sweeney Church at the Lyman County Historical Museum that was installed in time for Memorial Day services May 31, 2004.
The Church was moved from south of Presho to its present site at the museum December 30, 1976. Built in 1904 it served the Catholic families of the Sweeney community for many years.
Donating the funds for the sign were family members; Martha and Bill Blake, St. Peters, MO; Jerry and Betty Sweeney, Kennewick, WA; Mike and Wanda Lee Sweeney, Presho; Paul and Wanda Sweeney, Presho; Dee and Keg Pleuger, LeMars, IA; and Leroy and Helen Sweeney, Lakewood, CO.
- Sprenger named Friend of 4-H
- Win Chamber Bucks at Holiday Open House in Presho
- Raiders return from State B with 8th place
- Lyman Volleyball team plays today at State B Tournament in Huron
- Lyman hosts Veterans Day Program
- Lyman wins Region 7B
- Lyman County Unofficial Election Results
- Kennebec Residents asked for access to property
- Trunk or Treat in Presho
- Lyman County Pheasants Forever Chapter holds banquet
- Hunters average two birds in Lyman Co. during opener