Following nearly a three hour town board meeting, attended by approximately 18 people, the Kennebec Town Board killed proposed Ordinance #195 that would control the keeping of livestock within the city limits.
Ordinance #194 to raise the monthly water & sewer rates passed with one board member, Jan Lien, voting no. The ordinance also allows the town to charge $25 per month for service availability on empty lots.
Ordinance #196 clarified the rubble site fees that are already being charged but needed clarification in writing.
Read more about the Kennebec Town Board meeting in next week's issue of the Lyman County Herald.
- United Methodist holds Easter celebration
- "As seen on TV"
- Local Vet Supply business under new ownership
- Sobriety Checkpoints Planned
- Reliance Post Office house on chopping block
- Leprechauns descend upon Presho
- Lady Raiders bound for state
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab