NewsJune 12 2013
Old West Trading Post in Oacoma, S.D. is having its 14th annual flea market held in conjunction with the Scavenger’s Journey June 21-23, opening each day at 9:00 AM. Dealers from three states with primitives, antiques, coins, furs, beads, jewelry, collectibles, and much more will be selling their wares. Some new vendors as well as old favorites are expected. Several South Dakota authors will hold a book signing.
The Scavenger’s Journey which has seven flea markets, yard and garage sales, and specialty shops will also be held that weekend. Maps will be for sale at area gas stations and flea markets along I-90 from Presho to Plankinton.
- Ground broken for the Wheat Growers fertilizer plant
- Greater Lyman Foundation works toward challenge
- A Season of Giving
- Local Food Pantry partners with Feeding South Dakota
- Senior meal program to end in Lyman County due to declining numbers
- Former students rebut CNN’s accusations against St. Joseph’s Indian School
- Transportation Secretary visits South Dakota rail rehab project
- National Gas Average Nears Four-Year Low
- Schaefer re-elected to third term in House
- Growing rural communities