Vacancies open on city and town boards
Anyone living within the city limits of Presho, Kennebec and Reliance are eligible to file a petition for a position on their respective town board.
Presho will be electing three council members to two-year terms in all three Wards, In addition, a fourth position will be filled in Ward 3.
In WARD 1- the seat currently held by Bill Lengkeek is up for election.
One council member from WARD 2 will be elected to fill position currently held by Barrot Lillebo; and two seats are open in WARD 3; the seats currently held by Cody Volmer and Angela Ehlers.
For information regarding which Ward a resident of Presho lives in, contact the city office at 895-2337.
A board of five trustees manage the town of Kennebec.
Two at large, 3-year terms on the board, currently held by Eugene Mertens and Todd Longville are up for election..
One three-year seat on the Reliance Town Broad, currently held by Brandon Bacon will expire in 2014. In addition, an election will be held to fill the position left open last year upon the death of town board member Ronald McManus.
Petitions may be picked up at the local finance office and must be completed and filed no later than 5:00 pm Friday, February 28, 2014.
If an election is needed, all city elections will be Tuesday, April 8.
- Back to school
- New staff members join Lyman District
- Lyman County 4H Achievement Days
- County dedicates Roland L. Dolly Recreation Trail
- Shopping the Market
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre Day
- Lyman County museum shows off new sign
- Society to hold rededication of Pioneer Museum
- Lyman grads return for alumni
- Lyman grads return for reunion
- Railroad bridge work starts
- Lyman School reunion Saturday at clubhouse