NewsFebruary 26 2014
Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
Owen Garnos of Presho will be among the 2014 South Dakota Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame inductees honored at the 67th annual tournament Saturday and Sunday, March 1 and 2 at the Lyman Gardens in Presho.
Other former players and coaches to be recognized by the association include Donny Godel, Aberdeen; Scott Morgan, Mitchell; and Eldon Marshall of White River
Garnos and Morgan will be inducted during half-time of the 7:00 pm game Saturday night between Eagle Butte and Presho. Godel, who played for Class A teams from the Aberdeen area, and Marshall will be inducted during half-time of the second game of the night between Sioux Falls Tibbs Black and Mitchell scheduled to start at 8:30 pm.
“The 2-day tournament brings a large number of players and fans to the community,” said Presho mayor Mike Sprenger.
Presho has been a frequent host of the tournament over the past years. Teams from Plankinton, Lead-Deadwood, Pierre, Onida, Volga, Harrisburg, Lennox, Mitchell, Watertown, Aberdeen, Brookings, Rapid City, Eagle Butte and Sioux Falls will play in this year's tournament.
Presho's team consists of Cody Volmer, Eric Diehm, Matt Nissen, Tyler Ollerich, Sean and Shae McClanahan, Dusty Abrahamson, Jordan Gourneau, Andrew Dellman and Brett Gardner.
Other area players
The tournament is sponsored locally by the Presho Area Chamber. Come out and support the hometown team and the Presho Chamber.
Come out and support the hometown team and the Presho Chamber and see some of the state's best collegiate basketball athletes play for the Amateur Class A and B title of 2014.
- Annual event draws crowd to Presho gym
- Presho, Kennebec to hold city elections
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday
- Lyman plays Whiter River tonight at Dist. 13B
- Lyman to host Dist. 13B Girls Tournament
- RACD performers present 21st dinner/theater
- Two Lyman grads inducted
- Reliance Zoning Commission recommends change in designation
- Transmission project being reviewed
- City and town board nominating petitons available
- Ice Fishing for fun and prizes