Posted by Nicole
By Lucy Halverson
Lyman County Achievement Days will be held Tuesday, August 1 and Wednesday, August 2 at Kennebec.
All indoor 4-H and open class exhibits will be entered from 4 –6 p.m. at the Kennebec gym. Interview judging will be held at that time. A rocket launch is scheduled for 3 p.m. near the 4-H arena.
The animal and livestock shows will be Wednesday starting with the dog show at 9:30 a.m. followed by the poultry, cat, and rabbit show. The gym opens at 10 a.m. for public viewing. Beef cattle and sheep weigh in is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. followed first by the sheep show at 1:30 p.m. and then the beef show and showmanship competition. The Lyman County 4-H Shooting Sports Club will offer a BB gun shooting at novelty targets for youth 8 and older, with parental permission.
A barbecue sponsored by BankWest and BankWest Insurance and Prime Cowbelles, prepared and served by the American Legion and Auxiliary will be held at 5:30 p.m. at the lunchroom. Farm Credit Services of Pierre will sponsor a watermelon feed.
The garden, baked goods, livestock and premium sale will start at 7 p.m. at the arena. Indoor exhibits may be removed from the gym at 8 p.m.
- Murder suspect sited in Lyman County, apprehended in Wyoming
- Forum introduces Republican candidates for commission
- Foundation awards $22,000 in 2016.
- 29th annual Band Dinners
- Candidate forum to be held in Presho
- Presho to test fire siren April 26
- Unofficial City Election Results for Presho and Kennebec
- Kicking up their heels at a Country Chic Prom
- Postage rates will decrease
- GLF Spring Event to be held at Oacoma
- The hunt goes on!
- Meet the City Candidates