Lyman selects Royalty Candidates
Lymam’s 2011 Homecoming week kicks off Monday, October 3 with the crowning of the King and Queen during the coronation at the Lyman gym at 5 PM. The newly crowned king and queen will bless the volleyball to be used in Monday’s night match against Kadoka and also the football for Friday night’s game against Philip. The dress-up day schedule is as follows; Monday – Disney Day Tuesday – Patterns Wednesday - Back in the Day Thursday – Class Colors Friday – School colors Tuesday will feature the girls powder puff football game at 6 PM followed by the boys volleyball match at 7:30 at the gym. Thursday an all-school pep rally will be held at the Presho gym at 2:30 PM. Friday middle and high school students will work on class floats from 9 AM to 12:30 PM. The parade starts at 2 PM from the Methodist Church parking lot. The Raider football team will host the Philip Scotties at 7:00 PM, but come early as the Lyman Booster Club will host a Tailgate supper from 5:30 - 6:30. The burning of the letters will start 10 minutes after the end of the football game. The Booster club will host a high school dance at the Presho firehall. To conclude the week, Lyman Cross Country runners will compete at Philip on Saturday starting at 10 AM MT.
Lyman High School seniors selected as candidates for 2011 Homecoming King and Queen are l-r; Haley Vik, Hunter Schindler, Leah Herman, Evan Smith, Sarah Muirhead and Stetsen Eriksen. The coronation ceremony will be held Monday, Oct. 3rd at 5 PM at the Raider gym in Presho.
- Ice Fishing for fun and prizes
- Vehicle pursuit ends with drug arrest
- LC Sheriff's office involved in vehicle pursuit
- RACD changes date of annual dinner/theater
- Former coach inducted into HOF
- Trooper Koenig released from hospital
- Brule County Standoff Ends with Subject Surrendering to Law Enforcement
- Local HP officer in stable condition following shooting near Kimball
- Passerby reports house fire
- Vivian Post Office hours to be cut
- Celebrating Christmas