Return of Rail Service to Lyman County could be on the Horizon
The South Dakota Railroad Board authorized an application for another Tiger Grant to rehabilitate an additional 42 miles of track on the old Mitchell to Rapid City (MRC) line.
Bruce Lindholm, of the South Dakota Department of Transportation, stated the Tiger III application seeks $24.5 million to repair the line from Chamberlain west to Presho. “We’d like to get to Vivian, but we’ll be happy to make Presho,” said Lindholm during a telephone interview last Thursday.
It was also confirmed that Governor Dennis Daugaard made a commitment to assist with matching funds by pledging $4 million to the project.
Look for more of the story in this weeks issue.
Pictured: Weeds now grow between the tracks of the Dakota Southern Railroad line near the Wheat Growers Elevator at Kennebec that could soon be put back into service.
- Friends, classmates graduate
- Memorial Day Services
- Lyman track teams win Conference Meet
- NOTICE OF BIDS
- Western Great Plains Confernce Track meet to be held in Presho
- Youth selected to attend Boys and Girls State
- Nominating petitions due
- Love of horses inspires essay
- City-wide clean up days scheduled
- Pierre publisher elected president of South Dakota Newspaper Association
- Prom on the Bayou
- Get ready for Scavenger’s Journey