Return of Rail Service to Lyman County could be on the Horizon
The South Dakota Railroad Board authorized an application for another Tiger Grant to rehabilitate an additional 42 miles of track on the old Mitchell to Rapid City (MRC) line.
Bruce Lindholm, of the South Dakota Department of Transportation, stated the Tiger III application seeks $24.5 million to repair the line from Chamberlain west to Presho. “We’d like to get to Vivian, but we’ll be happy to make Presho,” said Lindholm during a telephone interview last Thursday.
It was also confirmed that Governor Dennis Daugaard made a commitment to assist with matching funds by pledging $4 million to the project.
Look for more of the story in this weeks issue.
Pictured: Weeds now grow between the tracks of the Dakota Southern Railroad line near the Wheat Growers Elevator at Kennebec that could soon be put back into service.
- New members seated on School Board
- Deer Camp available for first time Youth Deer Hunters
- Railraod crossings being replaced along DSR
- DIY for the 4th of July
- Slow down, kids at play
- “Knee high by the 4th of July”
- Vivian to host local 4th of July Celebration
- Unofficial School Board election results
- Get ready to Scavenge
- Flag Day in Presho
- Move to eliminate health insurance dies on floor