Lyman County native Senator E. James Abdnor to be buried at Kennebec
Former U.S Senator E. James (“Jim”) Abdnor died peacefully at the of age 89 on May 16, 2012 at Dougherty Hospice House in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Click on obituary to read the full obituary.
There will be a visitation with the family present from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m with a prayer service at 6:00 p.m. at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Sioux Falls. The funeral will be held the following day, Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. in Pierre at the Lutheran Memorial Church where Senator John Thune will deliver the eulogy. Following the funeral burial services will be held that day at 4:30 p.m. at the Kennebec Cemetery Abdnor family plot followed by a reception in the school gymnasium. Friends of Jim are welcome to visit http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/senatorjimabdnor to view the personal comments others about Jim and to add comments of their own.
Those wishing to make memorial contributions in his name may be made to the Abdnor Scholarship Fund at the University of South Dakota Foundation, the Greater Lyman Foundation, or the American Legion Baseball Post 22.
For obituary and online registry, please visit www.millerfh.com
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab
- Vacancies open on city and town boards
- First year of Jr. Kindergarten program exceeds expectations
- Rails to the future
- Berg to retire from Reliance Post Office
- Weighing In
- A monster of a tournament