NewsApril 24 2013
Will you be a buyer or a seller at the 2nd annual Scavenger’s Journey
The second annual Scavenger’s Journey through south central South Dakota will be held June 21 – 23, 2013.
Collectors, buyers and scavengers will travel along SD Hwy 16 and visit featured businesses and participate in special events in search of collectibles, antiques, crafts, food, baked goods or unique keepsakes to buy and take home.
Now is the time to get signed up for a booth at the Presho City Park flea market or register your business or garage sale to be included on the maps to be published by organizers of the Scavenger’s Journey.
A map with the locations of special events, individual participants, multi-dealer locations, and participating specialty shops will be available during the Savenger’s Journey at local gas stations in all participating towns.
To register and have your sale items and location listed on the map contact Husman or visit the website: www. scavengersjourney.com. Registration fees, businesses $20 and private individuals $10, go towards advertising and printing costs.
Events are planned in all the participating towns; Chamberlain, Kimball, Pukwana, Oacoma, Reliance, White Lake and Plankinton and Presho.
Plan to attend for a fun filled weekend or make plans to be a vendor. The registration deadline is May 30.
Visit the Scavenger’s Journey website to keep up to date on event schedules.
- Railroad bridge work starts
- Lyman School reunion Saturday at clubhouse
- PHS alumni to meet Saturday
- 2015-2016 Lyman School Board
- New board members seated; Halverson elected chairwoman
- 4th of July sparkler art
- Dakota Mill makes request to purchase property along MRC line for expansion
- Scavenging through the county
- WCE Cooperative finishes up repairs after weekend storms
- High winds damage structures,
- North Central Farmers Elevator and South Dakota Wheat Growers Member-Owners Vote No on Unification