Following nearly a three hour town board meeting, attended by approximately 18 people, the Kennebec Town Board killed proposed Ordinance #195 that would control the keeping of livestock within the city limits.
Ordinance #194 to raise the monthly water & sewer rates passed with one board member, Jan Lien, voting no. The ordinance also allows the town to charge $25 per month for service availability on empty lots.
Ordinance #196 clarified the rubble site fees that are already being charged but needed clarification in writing.
Read more about the Kennebec Town Board meeting in next week's issue of the Lyman County Herald.
- Ice Fishing for fun and prizes
- Vehicle pursuit ends with drug arrest
- LC Sheriff's office involved in vehicle pursuit
- RACD changes date of annual dinner/theater
- Former coach inducted into HOF
- Trooper Koenig released from hospital
- Brule County Standoff Ends with Subject Surrendering to Law Enforcement
- Local HP officer in stable condition following shooting near Kimball
- Passerby reports house fire
- Vivian Post Office hours to be cut
- Celebrating Christmas