Following nearly a three hour town board meeting, attended by approximately 18 people, the Kennebec Town Board killed proposed Ordinance #195 that would control the keeping of livestock within the city limits.
Ordinance #194 to raise the monthly water & sewer rates passed with one board member, Jan Lien, voting no. The ordinance also allows the town to charge $25 per month for service availability on empty lots.
Ordinance #196 clarified the rubble site fees that are already being charged but needed clarification in writing.
Read more about the Kennebec Town Board meeting in next week's issue of the Lyman County Herald.
- Annual event draws crowd to Presho gym
- Presho, Kennebec to hold city elections
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday
- Lyman plays Whiter River tonight at Dist. 13B
- Lyman to host Dist. 13B Girls Tournament
- RACD performers present 21st dinner/theater
- Two Lyman grads inducted
- Reliance Zoning Commission recommends change in designation
- Transmission project being reviewed
- City and town board nominating petitons available
- Ice Fishing for fun and prizes