Brown appears in local court
Clint Brown, Presho, pled guilty to one count of aggravated assault-domestic abuse in Lyman County court Wednesday, August 28.
Brown took the plea agreement offered by the state under the condition other charges stemming from an incident involving his 10-year old daughter that occurred in August 2012 be dropped. Those charges included attempted murder and aggravated kidnapping. Brown also admitted to the habitual offender allegations.
Brown was recently sentenced in federal court in Pierre to a 51 month sentence for being a felon and drug user in possession of a firearm at the time of the assault.
A presentence investigation was ordered by Judge Patricia DeVaney prior to his sentencing in October.
- South Dakota All-State Band performs
- Meet the candidates
- Lyman HS band performs for crowd
- Climate update predicts wetter than average April
- Three seats on board up for election
- Student Council raises money for Children’s Miracle Network
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Presho takes second at amateur tournament
- Presho’s 25th Farm & Home Show a success
- Presho and Reliance to hold city elections
- Lyman Seniors serve as pages
- Annual Farm & Home Show set for Saturday